Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan, including previously root canaled teeth, will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- Don’t take pain medication for tooth pain prior to your first appointment.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Be prepared for your co-payment due at time of service.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
Our office will take an intraoral digital radiograph of your tooth. Digital radiography reduces the amount of radiation levels compared to traditional x-rays. If neccessary, a high resolution radiograph with a very detailed three dimensional image of your tooth and jaw, may be taken with a cone beam.